1. Edward Honaker took a series of self-portraits to portray his battle with depression and anxiety.
2. John William Keedy’s photo series conveys his personal battle with anxiety.
3. This photo by Victoria Krundysheva’s
is part of a series that depicts depression.
4. Christain Hopkin’s photos are about his life with depression and a mood disorder.
5. Tsoku Maela takes self-portraits to fight mental illness stigma, especially within black communities.
6. Christian Sampson’s photos express the difficulties of multiple mental disorders. This photo in particular is about addiction.
August Pfizenmayer is the founder of Survival is a Talent. She is a freelance writer, blogger, and student, studying writing & publishing at the University of North Georgia. You can find her on Twitter, LinkedIn, Upwork, and Instagram.