I was sitting in my chair by the window working on my essay for American Lit when an ad popped up on my computer. You know, one of those websites that write your school paper for you. This semester is my first time being back in school since Spring of 2016. I’ve experienced a lot of stress. I’ve had to take some time off for my mental health, but I’m going to give up. I’m back in school, working, and in recovery. That doesn’t mean the stress doesn’t get to me, though.
Stress is the number one thing that causes me to relapse, and the deadlines were piling up. I started to panic. However, even as stressed as I was, I never considered clicking on that ad for Jittery Monks. Sure, I think it’s wrong to buy your paper online and pass it off as your own, but more than that, it was about not giving up.
In the past, when I have given up on projects, the feeling of failure is a thousand times worse than the stress ever was. The truth is that using a site like that to buy an essay will only make your stress levels worse.
8 Reasons Not To Buy A Paper From A Custom Essay Writing Site:
- Quality is NOT guaranteed. While the website may claim that all of their writers are native English speakers and that the paper will not be plagiarized, you just can’t know that for sure until you get the paper. And why take the chance?
- It’s not cheap! The price per page for a basic undergraduate essay can be as much as $89.00 per page. I don’t know about you, but I’m a broke college kid. Most college kids are. We don’t have the money to drop almost a hundred dollars on just one page of an essay.
- The paper may not even be delivered on time. There’s also always a chance the writer could cancel on you completely. What if they have an emergency? Are you supposed to pass their emergency off as your own? To be safe, you would have to have a backup paper, and if you’re doing that anyway, why not just turn your own paper in?
- If you are caught, you will definitely be expelled. Not only is it stated in every syllabus from every college course I’ve ever taken, but it has also been mentioned by my teachers often that plagiarism is not tolerated and neither is cheating. Why risk your academic career for one paper?
- If you buy your essays for class, you won’t get to know the class material as well. Part of the reasons essays are assigned is to help you analyze the class material. For example, my essay for American Literature helped me prepare for the midterm. If I had bought the essay instead of writing it, I wouldn’t have done as well on the midterm.
- Paper writing sites might sell “your paper” to other students. After they send you your paper and process your payment, you’re on your own. They can sell your paper to other students, or at the very least, use it as an example paper on their website. Your professors will be able to find your paper online easily. Then, you’ll get a zero and be expelled.
- You can’t just buy ONE essay. After you buy one essay for a class, you have to keep buying the essays, and the cost starts to add up. If you suddenly start writing your own, the teacher will notice the change in quality, tone, and voice. This will tip them off that you used an essay writing service, and you will get caught.
- The worry and guilt could eat away at you. The fact of the matter is that turning in an essay written by anyone else other than yourself is cheating. If the guilt doesn’t eat away at you, the worry about getting caught will. If you don’t want to do the right thing because you don’t want to cheat, consider how it will affect your mental health. It’s just not worth it.
About The Author:
August Blair is the writer behind Writers With Mental illness. She is a freelance writer, blogger, and student. She is writing and psychology. She studies at The University of North Georgia. Connect with her on Instagram.
As a way to keep this blog afloat, Writers With Mental Illness has affiliates and publishes sponsored blog posts for which compensation is received. All sponsored blog posts are clearly categorized as “sponsored.” Any affiliate links are recommended because they are products that are genuinely believed to be helpful.