Right now, I’m specifically looking for more pieces on:
- Addiction and writing, marketing, or reading
- ADD & ADHD and writing, marketing, or reading
- Personality Disorders and writing, marketing, or reading
- OCD and writing, marketing, or reading
- Advice for introverted writers
- Advice for empathic writers
- Advice for highly sensitive writers
- Advice for writing about trauma, mental illness, and the like
- Marketing advice for authors with mental illness who write under a pseudonym, either for their safety or just because
- Marketing advice for indie authors with mental illness (for example, shy or socially anxious authors who have trouble going to events or doing interviews)
To see an example, click here. I prefer for submissions to already be written when sent. I can provide an outline.
Individuals with a condition not already discussed on the blog are given priority.
What am I NOT looking for?
Poetry, news articles, or fiction. Rambling, telling your life story without any clear theme. Anything stigmatizing or not written from personal experience. You can read an excellent example of more memoir-like piece of what I’m looking for here.
How long does the piece need to be?
Pieces should be at least 300 words, but don’t stress yourself out and spend too much time on it.
What does the piece need to include?
Please send a few sentences about yourself in the third person, as well as a photo of yourself. You can include your social media links and website here. If you want to publish your piece anonymously, this is totally fine! Just be sure to let me know.
Any tips before submitting the piece?
Yes! Be authentic. Readers want the real you, not a fabricated version. Avoid longer sentences that the reader will get lost in. Hemingwayapp.com is a great resource for that. Also, consider including personal photos and subheadings. Edits may be made for SEO and grammar purposes.
How do you submit your piece?
Fill out the contact form below. I prefer to receive a full blog post, rather than a pitch. I look forward to hearing your unique story!
Do I accept pieces that have been previously published?
No. This will hurt the website’s ranking on Google. The posts can be labeled as spam if there are duplicate blog posts on multiple sites.
Do you pay?
Yes. Right now, I can only afford to pay $15 per blog post, but I hope to increase that as the Patreon grows. I send payments through Paypal.
What if you want me to write a blog post to promote your blog or business and post it on Writers With Mental Illness?